Candy Heart Coconut Dumplings
- 100 g shiratamako flour
- 100 ml water
- pink purple, yellow, green and orange food colouring
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp light brown sugar
- crushed peanuts
- mint leaves
- First, make the dumplings. Place the shiratamako flour into a bowl, and gradually drizzle in the water. Knead with a spoon (or your hands – much easier). The dough should form into one piece, and be firm enough for a piece of dough to be rolled into a ball, and retain its form when placed down. Depending on the humidity of your house, you may need to add a bit more flour or water, but do so very gradually.
- Divide the dough into 6 and roll it into balls, and dye them pink, purple, yellow, green and orange, and leave the remaining ball white.
- Then divide each ball in half, and shape them into hearts. If the dough feels crumbly, wet your hands with water, and continue to knead.
- Place the dumplings in a pot of boiling water. Once they have risen to the surface, boil for 1 minute, then place in a bowl of ice water. Then place them on a plate lined with saran wrap while you make the syrup.
- Place the coconut milk, ginger and brown sugar into a pan and bring to a boil. Then pour this into a bowl lined with cheesecloth to remove any pieces of ginger.
- Place some crushed peanuts into the bottom of two bowls, and top with the heart dumplings – one of each colour. Then spoon over the coconut syrup and top with a mint leaf and some more crushed peanuts!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!