Cable Knit Mitten Cookies
- 1 recipe Mitten Sugar Cookies un-decorated (recipe here)
- 1 lb confectioner’s sugar
- 5 tbsp meringue powder
- scant ½ cup water
- white edible glitter
- Place the confectioner’s sugar, meringue powder and water in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for about 7 minutes.
- Place the icing into a piping bag fitted with a round tip, and draw a line around the perimeter of each cookie, as well as a line across the cuff of the mittens.
- Add about 2 tsp of water to half of the icing, to give it a thinner consistency. Fill the larger part of the mittens with this runny icing and allow it to fully set, about 1 hour.
- Fill in the cuff area with the runny icing and sprinkle the white glitter on top. Allow this to set for about 30 minutes, then tap the cookies to remove any excess glitter.
- Using the thicker icing, pipe a cable knit pattern onto the cookies. Allow this to fully set, about 1 hour, then enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!