Beauty and the Beast Caramel Apple
- 4 green apples
- 4 skewers or lollipop sticks
- 4 jumbo marshmallows
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 4 to othpicks
- 400 g soft caramel candies
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 cups yellow candy melts melted
- red flower candies
- Remove the stems of the apples and place a jumbo marshmallow horizontally on top. Insert a skewer through the marshmallow into the apple. Place two mini marshmallows on either side of the jumbo marshmallow and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining apples and marshmallows.
- Place the caramel candies and milk in a pot and set to medium heat. Stir constantly until the caramel has melted. Dip each apple into the caramel, tilting the pot if necessary to reach all sides of the apples (not the marshmallows). Place the apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Note: Do not use wax paper, it will stick like CRAZY to the caramel!) Allow the apples to cool completely.
- Dip the entire apple, including the marshmallows, into the melted yellow candy melts. Gently scrape off the excess chocolate, coating the apples in just a thin layer. If you coat the apples in a thick layer, the chocolate will start to slide off and create a very uneven surface. Return the apples to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened, about 10-15 minutes. Dip the apples in the chocolate once more, return to the baking sheet, then return to the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Place the remaining chocolate in a piping bag fitted with a round tip, and pipe 2 scallop-like lines onto each apple, to look like ruffles on the dresses. Attach some red flower candies with leftover candy melts. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!