- ½ pint vanilla ice cream
- ½ pint chocolate ice cream
- Homemade cream puffs
Champagne Pastry Cream:
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup champagne we used Dom Perignon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 5 chocolate chip cookies
- 5 sheets edible gold leaf
- 1 cup brownies recipe here
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookies crushed
- 1 cup granola
- 2 sheets edible gold leaf
- ½ cup white candy melts melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 4-5 macarons recipe here
- whipped cream
- 3 sparklers
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap. Fill the bowl halfway with vanilla ice cream then the rest of the way with chocolate ice cream. Fold the excess plastic wrap onto the surface of the ice cream. Place the bowl into the freezer until the ice cream is frozen solid, 1-2 hours.
- Make the pastry cream: Combine the corn starch and ½ cup heavy cream in a bowl. Add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk well to combine. Set aside. In a pot, combine the champagne, ½ cup heavy cream and sugar. Set to high heat and bring to a boil. Whisk to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Pour ¼ of this mixture into the egg mixture and whisk very well to combine. Return the pot to the heat, bring to a boil, then add the egg mixture, whisking constantly until thickened to a pudding-like consistency. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla extract. Pour through a sieve, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Poke holes in the bottoms of the cream puffs with a knife. Place the pastry cream into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip and pipe into the cream puffs. Dust the surface of the cream puffs with confectioner’s sugar.
- Press a sheet of gold leaf onto each chocolate chip cookie. Set aside.
- To assemble, fill a large sundae glass (we used a pitcher) with the brownies and crushed chocolate chip cookies.
- Combine the granola and 2 sheets gold leaf, then add to the sundae glass.
- Spread the melted white candy melts onto a sheet of parchment paper placed on a baking sheet. Use a knife to draw a large circle and a smaller circle in the center. Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer until the candy melts have set, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, until fully melted. Unmold the ice cream from step 1 and remove the plastic wrap. Drizzle the chocolate on top, then place this into the sundae glass.
- Top with the cream puffs and golden chocolate chip cookies. Add some whipped cream and macarons. Peel the large white candy melt ring off of the parchment paper and stick into the whipped cream.
- Stick the sparklers into the cream puffs, light them and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.