Sweet Potato Pie Cheesecake
We’re putting a twist on traditional Sweet Potato Casserole – we’re turning it into a cheesecake! It tastes so delicious and comes with toasted mini marshmallows on top!
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 5 cups marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- cooking spray
- ½ cup white chocolate chips melted
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- kitchen torch
Make the crust:
- Combine the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, until the marshmallows have fully melted, about 2 minutes. Mix well, then add the vanilla and mix until everything is fully combined.
- Add the rice krispies and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spray a 9” springform pan, and your hands, with cooking spray and press the rice krispies into the pan to make a crust.
- Evenly spread the white chocolate onto the inside of the rice krispie crust. Place the pan in the fridge while you make the filling.
Make the filling:
- Poke the yam several times with a fork. Dampen the yam with water and wrap it in plastic wrap. Microwave for 4-6 minutes, until soft. Allow the yam to cool completely, then remove the peel.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and yam and mix to combine. Add the whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla extract and orange food coloring and mix until combined.
- Combine the gelatin and water in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until the gelatin has fully melted. Add this to the cheesecake mixture and mix well until combined.
- Pour into the springform pan and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge overnight, or until firm.
- Place mini marshmallows all over the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallows. Make sure to do this in a ventilated area, otherwise your smoke detector may go off!
- Slice up the cheesecake and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!