Mama and Baby Bear Pull-Apart Bread
- 500 g bread flour
- 3 tbsp + 1tsp butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp active dry yeast
- 350 ml milk
- 15 g cake flour
- 50 g sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 200 ml milk
- vanilla extract
- 20 g milk chocolate melted
- 20 g white chocolate melted
For the dough:
- Place the milk and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at 500W for 2 min 30 seconds.
- Add and whisk in the sugar and yeast. Then add the flour and fully combine, kneading for 2-3 minutes in the bowl.
- Place the bowl back in the microwave and microwave at 200W for 3 min 30 seconds. Then knead for an additional 2-3 minutes, and cover with a damp dishcloth and allow to rise for 1 hour. Make the custard filling in the meantime.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces. Then tear off a small piece of dough from each larger piece, and divide in half, so that you have one large piece of dough and two smaller pieces. For each bear, flatten the larger piece into a pancake and place 1-2 tsp of custard in the center. Shape the dough into a ball, and place in a buttered 9×5 inch loaf pan. Roll the two smaller pieces into balls, and once all of the bodies are filled and placed in the pan, stick the ears on top of each bear. 8 bears will fit in each loaf pan.
- Bake at 445F for 15-20 minutes, covering with aluminum foil if they are browning too quickly.
- Remove from the oven and place them, still in the loaf pans, on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Then decorate the bears as desired. I drew on chocolate faces, and stuck heart-shaped candies onto the ears with chocolate, to look like bows.
For the custard:
- Sift the flour and sugar into a microwave-safe bowl and whisk together. Add the milk, and once fully combined, add the egg and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 min 30 seconds. Remove and mix well, then microwave for an additional 2 min 30 seconds. Then add the vanilla and mix well.
- Divide the custard into two bowls, and add your desired flavours of chocolate into each bowl. I added Lindt Excellence Coconut (white chocolate) and Lindt Excellence Strawberry (dark chocolate).
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!