Homemade Marinara Sauce:
- 1 28- oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh basil
- pinch red chili flakes optional
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry in a paper towel
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 10 lasagna noodles cooked
- fresh parsley and basil roughly chopped
- parmesan cheese
Make the marinara sauce:
- Pour the olive oil into a pot set to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and stir, breaking them apart. Season with the salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes, until the sauce has slightly reduced and the tomatoes are soft. Add the oregano, basil and red chili flakes (optional) and stir to combine. Set aside.
Make the cheese filling:
- Combine the ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, spinach, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the tomato sauce into the base of a baking dish. Lay out one lasagna noodle at a time, and spread a couple tablespoons of cheese filling onto the surface. Roll up the noodles and place them seam side-down into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles and cheese filling.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top of the lasagna rolls and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with some fresh parsley and basil leaves and some parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.