Jewelry Box Cheesecake
- 200 g graham crackers crumbled into very small pieces
- 65 g unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp orange zest + zest from 1 lemon
- 400 g cream cheese room temperature
- 400 ml whipping cream
- 80 g sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure orange extract not artificial
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp marmalade
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 40 ml water
- gummies of your choice I used the leftover gummies from my Chanel Nail Polish Gummies, recipe here
- silver or gold luster dust if desired
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp powdered gelatin
- ½ cup water
- First, make the base of the cheesecake. Mix together the melted butter, crumbled graham crackers and orange and lemon zest, then press them into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan. Then place this in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a bowl and with an electric mixer until smooth Add the sugar and combine. Then add the whipping cream, lemon juice, orange extract and marmalade and mix until smooth. Mix together the gelatin and water in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the gelatin to the filling, and mix together with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan and return to the fridge to chill until set (approx. 3 hours).
- To make the gummy jewelry, slice your desired colour of gummies into any shapes that you like. I used the gummies that I made in my Chanel Nail Polish Gummies recipe and sliced them into long pieces, to create a rainbow coloured spiky necklace. With the remaining clear jelly, I created a chain. If you’re giving someone jewelry as a gift, it would be so cool if you recreated that same piece of jewelry in gummy form, and presented both the cake and the jewelry to them at the same time! Once you have cut the gummies into your desired shapes, set these aside to make the jelly topping.
- To make the jelly topping, combine ½ cup water, orange extract and sugar in a small pot over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin and ¼ cup water, and mix together. Microwave for 15-20 seconds or until warm. Add to the pot, and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes, then using a ladle, gently pour the jelly onto the top of the cheesecake. Then decorate the cheesecake with the gummy jewelry.
- Once you are satisfied with your design, return the cheesecake to the fridge and chill until the jelly has set (approx 1 ½ hours). If desired, you can brush some lustre dust onto the jewelry to give it more dimension and a little bit of sparkle. Then carefully remove the cake from the spring form pan by running a sharp knife around the edges of the cake, then release the sides of the pan and carefully slide off the cake. This is to ensure that the jelly topping stays intact and doesn’t tear. Enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here! http://www.youtube.com/pankobunny
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!