For those of you who are trying to cut down on starches, or who want to boost your protein, this is the perfect pizza! The base is made from minced beef, and it can be topped with any pizza toppings of your choice! The ground beef provides a rich and hearty feel to the “pizza”, and the amount of cheese that you can load onto it is reason enough to make it! And this might sound strange, but I find that the way it just fills up a plate and sits so happily in the center is such a satisfying thing to see.
- 600 g ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp butter
- salt and pepper a pinch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- your desired toppings: mushrooms corn, green pepper, olives, pepperoni, etc.
- Finely chop the onion, and place them in a microwave safe bowl with the butter, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for about 2 minutes. Then remove the plastic wrap and allow to cool.
- Mix together the ground beef, onion, panko bread crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl in a kneading motion. Divide it into 2 equal portions, and shape into large patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan set over medium heat. Place one patty into the pan, and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the patty over, cover the frying pan with a lid. Bring the heat down to low, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Once it has fully cooked, spread on the pizza sauce, sprinkle the cheese on top, and add your desired toppings. Replace the lid and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the pizza to a plate, and enjoy!