Banana Bread Cheesecake
Banana bread and cheesecake are coming together to create the most delicious cake you'll ever try! pankobunny x NAACP LDF merch! (products will appear tomorrow!) teespring.com/stores/pankobunny-x-naa.
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 400 g cream cheese room temperature
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 400 ml whipping cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp water
- 250 g cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dolce de leche warmed in microwave
- 2 tbsp chocolate shavings
Make the banana bread base:
- Combine bananas, oil and sugar. Then add the egg, vanilla and salt. Mix flour, baking soda and baking powder together in a separate bowl and add to banana mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch round springform pan. Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Keep it in the pan and cool completely.
Make the cheesecake:
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix to combine. Add the whipping cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Combine the gelatin and water in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until the gelatin has fully melted. Add this to the cheesecake mixture and mix well until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture directly onto the banana bread. Place it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
Make the topping and assemble:
- Beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Place in a piping bag fitting with a large, star-shaped piping tip.
- Run a warm towel around the outside of the cake pan and remove the sides. Pipe dollops of the topping onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Place the dulce de leche into a piping bag with a small hole snipped at the end. Drizzle it all over the cake.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings onto the cream cheese dollops. Then slice and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi everyone! My name is Cayla Gallagher and I’m the creator of pankobunny!
You could also call this heading “Our philosophy” or “Our vision.” This is the place to talk about what drives you and your business and what’s unique about your process.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: Invalid Feed ID.